Monday, December 04, 2006

 

Death

I died shortly after reaching 83 years
in a room where my third husband
and his daughter roamed about,
patiently waiting for me to draw my last breath
so that they could go on with their lives.

They wondered why it took so long for me to die;
I finally wanted to please them and take my leave; but, oh,
I longed to see my birth daughter one more time!

She said that she couldn't be in the same room with
his daughter because she was so domineering, so in need of control, yet so out of control.

When I realized that I wouldn't see her again, I breathed my last.
I promised her that I would come in a mist to earth to see her again.

She has to be open to that.

Everything is sad now.

Comments:
This has interesting connotations and gave me chills down my legs, to be honest. I will give you a link from my blog if that is ok with you.
 
This writing is very poignant.
What I gather is that penurious behavior isn't only in relation to money. The stepdaughter's penuriousness shines through.
Your Mother is free and so are you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?